Some Periodicals Archive Online (PAO) pdf files are a bit tricky to save due to some software issues.
Margie contacted PAO folk (see below) and received some info (see further below). Margie will let us know when the issue is fixed:
- When one of our students tried to access a social work article (I don't have the name) in PAO, they encountered a problem downloading the full text of the article.
- They tried to save the article as a PDF using the save button in the PDF viewer, however, the article name prevented her from doing so easily.
- Normally the article name is something like "docname.pdf". For this article, however, it was something like "doc.pdf-awholebunchofnonsense".
- We were able to remove the extra characters from the end of the article name and save it as "all file types" and it worked, but I've never encountered this problem in a Proquest Database before, so I thought you might want to know.
- I was able to replicate the problem with this article: http://search.proquest.com/pao/docview/1290918471/740B639A30E34085PQ/1?accountid=7078.
- Thanks for looking into this! Margie Maxfield Systems Librarian Tarleton State University
- Hello Margie,
- Thank you for contacting ProQuest Technical Support, and thank you for bringing this to our attention. This is a known issue affecting some articles, and our development team is working to resolve it. We don't have an ETA for this to be completely resolved, but I'll send you an update as soon as I have more information. Let me know if you have any other questions!
- Eric Harris, Technical Support Consultant II ProQuest | 789 E. Eisenhower Parkway | Ann Arbor, Michigan 48106 Phone: 734 707 2391 firstname.lastname@example.org