Monday, January 26, 2015

Reporting When Stuff Doesn't Work

I came across and incident this morning and wanted to share it with you all. When I went to the upper level copy room, there was an out of order sign on the printer. I was able to warm it up, looked to see if there was a jam, and turned on the Pharos kiosk, it appeared there was nothing wrong. When I went down the to main desk, I logged in to see if there was a blog post or email stating what was wrong with the printer, nothing. When Chris came in, I told him about it and asked if he had gotten a work request. He said no. It turns out, the printer just needed the toner replaced. When things like this happen, please post it on the reference blog, so that others know what the situation is. It is important for us to keep in constant communication, so we can provide excellent service to our users. If anyone needs training on how to replace the toner in any of the printers or copiers, please feel free to contact me. I would be glad to show you. Remember, if there is an actual computer issue, to put in a computer work request, so Systems can fix the issues, also post it on the reference blog.

Thank you,
Crystal

1 comment:

  1. FWIW, the sign was on the printer when I arrived yesterday (Sunday).

    ReplyDelete